- Amniote Anatomy Ontology (AMAO)
- Amphibian Anatomy Ontology (AAO)
- Common Anatomy Reference Ontology (CARO)
- Mouse Adult Gross Anatomy (MA)
- Teleost Anatomy Ontology (TAO)
- Uber Anatomy Ontology (UBERON)
- Vertebrate Skeletal Anatomy Ontology (VSAO)
- Xenopus Anatomy Ontology
- Zebrafish Anatomy and Development (ZFA)
- Phenotype and Trait Ontology (PATO)
Anatomy mailing list Discussion of vertebrate and general anatomy issues are posted to the obo-anatomy list:
- Ontology browsing and visualization at NCBO
- Maintaining inter-ontology relations between species specific anatomy ontologies and CL/GO/CARO
- OBD Phenotype file formats - Includes standards and schemas for PhenoSyntax and PhenoXML
- Open Biomedical Data (OBD) data model, API, and other downloads
Morphology image database resources
NCBO BioPortal support requests
Support (for issues) and feature requests for the NCBO BioPortal can be submitted through the following venues (according to Benjamin Dai, BioPortal Lead Software Architect):
NCBO BioPortal User Group:
We are a (voting) member of the BioPortal User Group. The group has monthly teleconferences where new features are being discusses and subsequently prioritized through survey-voting.
- A Basecamp-based BioPortal project management site (login required) has User Group meeting presentations and other information.
We also maintain a list of references on Connotea, using the tag "phenoscape". This list may be more up-to-date than the bibliography below. Anyone can easily recommend references (and in fact any site or resource) to us simply by tagging it with "phenoscape" in Connotea.
- rosen1974 Rosen DE. 1974. Phylogeny and zoogeography of salmoniform fishes and relationships of Lepidogalaxias salamandroides. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History 153:267-325.
- finkfink1981 Fink SV, Fink WL. 1981. Interrelationships of the ostariophysan fishes (Teleostei). Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society 72(4):297-353.
- finkfink1997 Fink, S.V. and W.L. Fink. 1997. Interrelationships of the Ostariophysi. In: Interrelationships of Fishes, M. Stiassney, L. Parenti and D. Johnson (Eds). Academic Press, 209-249.